Valve has just announced Half-Life 4, which is a direct sequel to Half-Life 2 and the events of Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two, as well as continuing the events after the amazing VR-exclusive Half-Life: Alyx (which is now the best PC game of 2020 on Metacritic).
Half-Life 4 will have VR support that will exceed the top-rated work in VR that the developer did with the recently-released Half-Life: Alyx, with Valve promising it won’t screw over the PC gaming community that have supported the company for decades. Half-Life 4 will not be a VR exclusive like Half-Life: Alyx.
Half-Life 4 will come out on 3/3/2023 as it seems Valve can count to 3 when it comes to release dates, just not game titles. Valve hasn’t yet confirmed whether we’ll see Team Fortress 3, Portal 3, and Left 4 Dead 3 — but their announcements could be right around the corner.
Of course, this is only an April Fools Day fun post, but if I could make Half-Life 3 be announced, I would. I’m swimming in my own tears here. This is the exact line I used in my April Fools Day post in 2015, when I said that NVIDIA acquires Valve and announces Half-Life 3 for 2016. Except, there are more tears now because of how good Half-Life: Alyx was and how bad I want Half-Life 3, or is that Half-Life 4.
More on Half-Life: Alyx
PC hardware and VR headset recommendations: If you want some PC hardware recommendations like CPU, motherboard, RAM, and graphics card then I have a Half-Life: Alyx Buyers Guide right here. In this article, I cover the important hardware required to run the game, as well as the VR headsets you’ll need (as Half-Life: Alyx is a VR-only game) to play it.
- Half-Life: Alyx update: many fixes, and new ‘Continuous Turn’ option
- Valve talks Left 4 Dead 3 in the middle of Half-Life: Alyx launch hype
- Half-Life: Alyx becomes #1 most-played game on VR on its launch day
- Valve: Half-Life games are technical achievements, not just games
- Half-Life: Alyx unlock time zone details: what you need to know
- Half-Life: Alyx pre-load begins, requires 67GB of storage
- Valve boss Gabe Newell was a World of Warcraft gold farmer for a while
- Gabe Newell says we’re closer to Matrix-level technology than we think
- HTC: Vive Cosmos Elite headsets include free copy of Half-Life: Alyx
- Half-Life: Alyx — pre-loading and launch time details are here
- Half-Life: Alyx Buyers Guide: PC Hardware & VR Headset Recommendations
- Valve sells out of new wave of Valve Index in less than 30 minutes
- Valve Index VR headset back on sale March 9 for $999
- Half-Life: Alyx is just the beginning of Half-Life’s resurgence
- Half-Life: Alyx is VR’s killer app, and new gameplay footage proves it
- Half-Life’s head crabs come to Death Stranding in Steam PC crossover
- Valve announces Half-Life: Alyx release date: March 23, 2020
- Valve sold 103,000 Index VR headsets after Half-Life: Alyx reveal
- Half-Life: Alyx is an extremely dynamic and reactive VR game
- Valve confirms Half-Life: Alyx is ‘done’ and is now being polished
- Half-Life: Alyx team: 80 people, single-largest team EVER at Valve
- All Half-Life games are free to play ahead of Half-Life Alyx’s launch
- VR brings new dimension of replayability to Half-Life: Alyx
- Cyberpunk 2077 developer not worried about Half-Life: Alyx
- Here’s the Half-Life: Alyx PC requirements — RX 580/GTX 1060 required
- Half-Life: Alyx is basically practice for more Half-Life games
- Half-Life 3 is still possible, Valve says other Half-Life games coming
- Half-Life: Alyx supports mods via new VR-optimized Source 2 tools
- Half-Life: Alyx VR is a Half-Life 2 prequel, coming March 2020
- New Half-Life VR game confirmed by Valve
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Anthony Garreffa
Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.
- > NEXT STORY: D-Wave offer free access to quantum computers for COVID-19 researchers
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Billionaire on social media: 'quarantined' on $590 million superyacht